Saturday, April 25, 2009

Anzac Day 2009

Got up at 4am to be at the dawn service by 5. It was a beautiful morning at Kings Park (apart from the small hitch created by the sprinklers going off just before the whole thing started!). Not too cold and the birds singing on cue.....

I put my wreath and rose on the Cenotaph for Gran and Grandad and when I came down again, there was a reporter from the Sunday Times who wanted to speak with me about Grandad and what Anzac Day meant to me and to him. So after briefly talking with him and trying to hold myself together, he said that it will be part of the Anzac spread in tomorrow's paper. I'm going to get copies for Mum and Coley if it is a good write up.

Ian Jeff and I then went to the Atrium for breakfast which was nice but I'm no longer enjoying the sweet stuff or the fatty stuff which has got to be a good thing! So I would say that my body is finally starting to change for me and by next year, I'll be the buff one putting the flowers on the memorial....

I'm looking at possibly marching in the parade next year for Grandad and getting copies of his medals done by the RSL. But we'll see....

I've got to talk to Mark at 1pm to catch up with him because I forgot to call him last week I think. I've not been good but I've got some strategies in place to combat the potential sugar cravings that I know are probably going to rear their ugly heads this week....

I've had a couple of epiphanies this week and I'm finally beginning to take some notice of them!

I'll update this later with my plans for the week and that way I can be more accountable for them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment