Sunday, June 7, 2009

Motivation is Overratted!

I've just spoken to Mark! I love that man!!! He always knows just what to say to get me going again. And I've needed it. Don't worry Mark, I'll call you during the week if I start feeling like it's all too hard.

He said this morning that motivation is overrated. I told him that I just lost all motivation this week to train or eat right or anything. He asked me if a person can train without motivation. I said, well yes of course. That person just physically gets to the gym and trains. They may not get as much out of it as they would if they were bursting with enthusiasm but they can still physically get their asses out there and train. He answered that's right. You may not be motivated when you start to train but as you continue to do it then you will feel better and more like training.

That's what I've missed this week. I've missed having the impetus and the push behind me to keep me on track this week. Mark always knows exactly what to say to me to get me going again.

I'm heading to the gym shortly (after my third cup of coffee) now that I've done a lot of housework and had my phonecall.

Here's to a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment