Monday, June 15, 2009

Queensland!!

Well, here I am in sunny Queensland visiting my folks and going to the Royal Show tomorrow and Thursday with mum and my sis.

Got here Saturday morning with approx 3 hours sleep on the planes but felt OK until the afternoon and then crashed for about 2 hours. The days have been full of catching up with mum, brother, aunt and a little bit with my dad. And eating.

When I come home, the people I love fix all my favourite meals because it's a treat to have me home and neither they nor I know when I'll be back again. So it becomes a real holiday from everything good.

When I arrived on Saturday, I actually was so tired that I can't remember what I ate. I didn't write it down and just plain can't remember. Yesterday, I had oats with lite milk for breakfast, a stir fry (leftovers) for lunch and then when I got to my aunt's place last night she had already prepared toasted ham, cheese and tomato sandwiches and caramel tart with custard for dessert. I loved it! She wouldn't have had dessert normally but she did it especially for me because we haven't seen each other in about 18 months properly. When I came home for Gran's funeral in march doesn't really count because it was not a normal visit.

Today, I had a protein drink for breakfast, meat, vegies and pumpkin for lunch and I've just had a casserole for dinner.

Tomorrow we're going to the show and I know that mum and I will have our Dagwood Dogs and waffles. I'm not going to make any excuses for what I'm eating. I'm home.....

I'm going to enjoy this time of refreshing my mind and spirit while I'm here. I needed to come and see my mum to put life back into perspective. She and I have had a talk about my future goals and aspirations and she (for the first time) is in full agreement with them. She hasn't ever really wanted me to weight train or do anything like that. Her way of losing weight is to diet. That has never worked for me. But she is right behind me with my comp ideas. It feels good to have her in my team....

1 comment:

  1. This blog have helpful content and information. Is there any formula to control diet and keep muscle tone with fitness? For more log on
    Personal Trainer- www.just4ufit.com

    ReplyDelete